Fishing In Oregon

Forum for fishing for the many species of fish available in the state of Oregon. New Members Welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Had to share..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Troutski
Trout

PostSubject: Amazing birds   Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:16 am

Amazing the things we're privy to when out in nature....thanks for the story, it brings back some of my own experiences with those pesky birds.

Chuck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Osprey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Had to share..   Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:15 pm

Great story!

Fishing isn't just a hobby...It's a lifestyle!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishinginoregon.forumotion.com
krikcoin

PostSubject: Re: Had to share..   Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:05 am

true story
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krikcoin

PostSubject: Had to share..   Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:05 am

A couple of years ago a buddy of mine and my self were fishing the South Umpqua Roseburg area. (Of course we were in our float tubes.)
We had had a pretty good day fishing, we were both doing well but man it was hot, we had got on the water at like 5 or 6 and were both kind of just relaxing under a bridge not wanting to get out and enjoying the shade.
I caught out of the corner of my eye a fish busting out the water chasing Shad (I wasn't the only one who saw it either) I had flipped my tube around to cast in the direction of where the fish had surfaced I had a popper on one rod a plastic on the other I chose the popper it landed perfect right where the fish was I new it was a fish on I waited a brief second and gave the rod a a quick pop affraid BANG!! fish on this Smallie exploded on the popper and he was mad he came up 6 or 7 times and I was just loving life totally focusing in on my catch not looking to much around me knowing I had to lamd this fish bragging rights and all. well I get her with in like 3 feet of my tube and from over my shoulder not more than 2 feet above my head an Osprey swooped down from a tree and decided that was his fish he missed the first time but circled and was coming back i was scared and excited all at the same time. I could feel the downdraft from this birds wings and it was amazing. I did end up landing the fish and I did get some pretty awesome bragging rights that we still talk about to this day. We have had more than one situation similar to this with Osprey's it is great. I don't think they see you as a threat in your float tube I don't know but I thank God for putting such a beutiful creature on this earth for days when I'm alone I can always coount on an Osprey to be around with that shrill whistle. cussing me out for being in his honey hole. I practice catch and release no worries friend
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had to share..   

Back to top Go down

Had to share..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1