Fishing In Oregon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fishing In Oregon

Forum for fishing for the many species of fish available in the state of Oregon. New Members Welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Surprise Catch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Osprey
Admin
Osprey

Surprise Catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise Catch   Surprise Catch Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 5:23 am

Memories with your Dad fishing are the best of memories!
Back to top Go down
https://fishinginoregon.forumotion.com
krikcoin
krikcoin

Surprise Catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise Catch   Surprise Catch Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 2:26 am

very kewl It is kewl how we all remember catching our first fish or our first trophy fish when we were younger I love stories like that.
I still remember my first fish I was about 3 and we were fishing in Oakley reservoir Idaho my Dad had taken me out early in the day and we had tried catching some Brookies in the stream that flowed into the reservoir well i didn't catch anythibg all day unless you count a tree a beaver dam my dads kreel and my seld a catch so I was getting real flustered I didn't like fishing (so I thought ) bI mean how could my Dad catch fis rite next to me using the same thing I was I was mad. well dad had caught his limit so we were going back to the reservoir we got back and Dad aked if I wanted to try my luck in the reservoir well i was pretty well burnt out on fishing but I had to try so Dad walked me down to the reservoir and low and behold I caught my firswt rainbow trout all by myself it was great I walked around with that fish for hours hugging it and all no one was getting that fish from me.
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Admin
Osprey

Surprise Catch Empty
PostSubject: Surprise Catch   Surprise Catch Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:25 am

Many years ago, when I was a young boy. My Dad and I went over to the Alsea after Blue Back. We went to Taylors landing and rented a boat, and were off for an experience not many have had on the Alsea. It was a cold winter day and I was already, ready to go home. We headed out from the dock, and began trolling. I don't remember what we were using, but we didn't even have a nibble after several hours of fishing. We had trolled from Taylors landing up to the head of tide water and back to Taylors again. We decided to stop at the Marina for some lunch and to warm up for a while. After we were done, Dad decided to try down stream from Taylors. We had just rounded the corner below the marina and my pole bent nearly in half. I was snagged, or at least we thought I was. Dad stopped the boat and I pulled and reeled as fast as I could. We thought I had picked up a log or something. It truely was something...as I reeled I was watching to see if I could see what I had snagged on. All of a sudden I saw a large white flash. We were totally confused. Then I got it up where we could see it was a fish, and to our surprize...it was a huge Flounder. It was all I could do to pull it over the side of the boat. I don't remeber the measurements of the beast, but I do remember that when we got back to the Marina they weighed it, and it was a new record for that area of the river. It weighed in at 27 LBS. They took some pictures of me and my fish and added it to the Marina scrapbook. It was quite the experience, and made my day. I don't know if the record still holds, but it was a personal record I will never forget.
Back to top Go down
https://fishinginoregon.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Surprise Catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise Catch   Surprise Catch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surprise Catch
Page 1 of 1